A. MAIN CONCEPTS
- Every operation process such as check-in, cleaning of rooms and facilities, experiences, etc.) has been adapted, taking into account the Biosecurity measures necessary to prevent any disease.
- Use of Thermometer: any individual who enters the hotel will be measured the temperature with the use of an infrared thermometer (at a distance from the guest). The registration will be made in the Hotel Biosafety Log.
- Health form: the completion of this form is mandatory and it will be required to be carried out before the arrival of the guest at the property.
- Collaborators: our staff will be constantly reinforced, encouraged, and reminded about hygiene measures and respiratory labels, in addition:
- Daily controls of temperature and state of health of our collaborators will be made at the time of entry and exit. The registration will be made in the blog of collaborators of Biosecurity of the Hotel.
- Our staff will be submitted to periodical tests that provide a certificate of the health status of the collaborator.
- The hotel will provide all the Bio Security implements (masks, gloves, etc.), additionally, a jumpsuit for external use will be given to each collaborator, upon entering the hotel, the jumpsuit will be removed.
- Our staff’s uniform will remain in the hotel, and the external washing company will carry out the corresponding load. Said company is currently in the process of obtaining a Biosafety protocols certification
- Check-in: there is a Bio-Security Manual which details the measures to be considered as shown below:
- Alcohol + Gel will be provided during the welcoming.
- The temperature will be measured when entering the hotel.
- Guest luggage will go through a Fog Tunnel.
- When providing the welcoming towels, these will be opened in front of the guest, since these will come from the laundry company, completely sealed and gone through its respective biosafety process – the use of tweezers for handling towels is mandatory – once the towels are used, they are to be put immediately in the designated laundry cover for this. In the same way, the tweezers will be disinfected with antiseptic alcohol and disposable paper which will go in the metal disinfection machine found in the front desk.
- Presentation of the housekeeper in charge of cleaning the rooms. This person will accompany the guest through the entire stay of the reservation – from check-in until check out. Said person will be designated for the exclusive management of the stay of the guests, including room cleaning, shoe cleaning, luggage removal, laundry service.
- Guests will be given slippers as soon as they arrive at the hotel for use at the hotel.
- At the end of the check-in process, our staff will comply with the internal procedures of properly washing your hands, placing disinfectant gel on your hands.We will continue with the form where guests fill in their previous origin and destinations before arriving in Ecuador. Additionally, they fill in questions about medical symptoms (headache, general discomfort, fever, cough, etc.). These forms are in the guest rooms.
- Shoe Shine: it will be freely available every time guests arrive at our house, however, the protocol has been modified to disinfect footwear.
- Laundry service: it will be carried out by the personnel in charge, that said, upon the arrival of the guests, an exclusive person will be appointed to handle the laundry.
- Galleries or Floors: Our stations will continue, one per floor, in front of the elevator.
- Station with disinfectant gel dispensers; antiseptic alcohol and disposable paper.
- Alkaline beverage station; hot water, sliced lemon with ice in its appropriate container, napkins, and cups.
- Disinfection with Ozone Nebulizers in Public Areas – one per Gallery.
- Rooms: We will continue including Antibacterial Soap and Gel within the amenities in the bathrooms of every room. In addition, instructions on the correct handwashing commissioned by the WHO are placed in visible areas, but restricting the possibility of manipulation.
- Special Coverages: Foods high in alkalinity will be provided, such as welcoming coverages.
- 24-Hour Medical Service: We continue to work with our Home Healthcare Provider, if necessary, the provider will be contacted and within 30 minutes the guest will receive medical assistance.
- Documentation within the Room: With the implementation of technology, we will proceed to adapt welcome letters, restaurant menus, spa menus, snack bar menus, and everything that involves handling stationery and item handling in general.
- Tea Station Service: We will continue to provide it, but this time we will proceed to place it outside every room or, in effect, inside it.
- Experiences Service: We will continue providing it, however, it will be carried out with a distance of 1.5 meters between guests and artisans. Depending on the number of guests, it will be handled by groups and at different times. The Biosecurity protocol will be reinforced with the artisan upon arrival and the utensils used by them will be meticulously disinfected.
B. FOOD AND BEVERAGE SERVICE IN THE RESTAURANT
A significant distance will be kept in order to carry out the service – if possible. In addition:
- It will disinfect the areas before and after each service.
- Hygiene protocols will be reinforced in the restaurant services, while all dishes will be served individually.
- The BPM Good Manufacturing Practices manual will include Bio Security stockings.
- Breakfasts like any other service that the guests receive from the restaurant and will be served in the different areas of the Hotel, providing guests exclusivity as they would not share nearby spaces. The spaces enabled will be:
- The Restaurant halfway through the capacity.
- Terrace with a view of the Virgen del Panecillo.
- Water patio
- In the same way, we will provide tables and chairs outside the room, so that guests receive their food service in the hallway, only if the guest wishes.
- Rooms / Room Service
C. MAIN AREAS, ROOM AND AIR DISINFECTION
With the use of technological implements, the common areas and rooms of the hotel will be disinfected, both in the morning and at night.
The process of acquiring the following technological implements is beginning:
- Ozone Machines: Ozone is considered, according to the World Health Organization, as the most efficient disinfectant against all kinds of microorganisms, including viral agents. In the hotel we will use ozone as part of the cleaning and disinfection of the rooms, it has the advantage that it acts very quickly and effectively against bacteria, viruses, fungi.
- Sanitary-grade electrostatic sprayers: Electrostatic disinfection fights against preventable infections, it is the most widely used at the moment both in Ecuador and worldwide. This procedure will be repeated in Social Areas twice a day.
- Ultraviolet lights: Ultraviolet light has been used for decades to sterilize objects and rooms, currently some countries or are using it to disinfect hospital rooms, in the hotel it will be used to disinfect keys, keyboards, office supplies, room stationery and surfaces at reception.
- Footbaths: Sanitizing tray + mat, dry and wet (renewed every week) to disinfect boots and shoes. Effectiveness depends on concentration; there are certain concentrations found for COVID extinction – moist.
- Fogging tunnel: The guest’s luggage will enter there and will be sanitized.
D. COVID FREE CERTIFICATION
Suppliers: We have started to contact suppliers about BIO Security measures that they are taking, and if it can be done through a certification, much better, especially to the laundry company and anti-pest company that disinfects the Hotel weekly.
E. PROTOCOL FOR ILLAS COLLABORATORS
Our staff will be constantly informed, reinforced, and encouraged by our hygiene measures and respiratory labels.
- Attention to the Guest: Without losing our characteristic charismatic and helpful essence, the following measures will be taken:
- Avoid direct physical contact with guests, have a social distance of at least 1.5 meters apart.
- Always have paper, alcohol, and antiseptic gel at the reception and on the floors.
- Our staff will be provided with face masks to be used when required.
- Staff handwashing log every two hours.
- At the end of the service process, hands must be washed correctly prior to the use of disinfectant gel; especially after handling suitcases and / or any object in contact with the guest.
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth.
- If any collaborator presents any symptom or is not feeling well, he/she must stay home and visit the doctor to present a certificate and diagnosis.
- When coughing or sneezing, collaborators must cover their nose and mouth and use disposable paper to clean themselves and must discard it immediately, then proceed to wash their hands.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces, such as a computer keyboard and pens.
F. ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATIONS
Protocol in case of a positive case at the hotel:
- Immediately report to authorities.
- The hotel has an Exclusive Area for quarantine if necessary, this Area is not located within the facilities, but its proximity allows it to be used